June 14, 2013
- This is a brief description of a posting on FactTank about new Census Bureau population estimates that show deaths among non-Hispanic whites exceeded births in 2012.
- Being a father in this era of changing family structures and converging gender roles means more than bringing home a paycheck or delivering punishment to a misbehaving child. A new survey by the Pew Research Center finds that Americans expect dad to be more of a moral teacher and emotional comforter than a breadwinner or [...]
June 13, 2013
- The Pew Research Center’s survey of 1,197 lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender adults asked respondents about three key points in their coming out journey—when they first felt they might be something other than straight or heterosexual, when they knew for sure they were LGBT and when they first told a close friend or family member. [...]
- Overview An overwhelming share of America’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender adults (92%) say society has become more accepting of them in the past decade and an equal number expect it to grow even more accepting in the decade ahead. They attribute the changes to a variety of factors, from people knowing and interacting with [...]
May 28, 2013
- Chapter 1: Overview A record 40% of all households with children under the age of 18 include mothers who are either the sole or primary source of income for the family, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of data from the U.S. Census Bureau. The share was just 11% in 1960. These “breadwinner [...]